As Bahá’u’lláh’s successor and chosen interpreter of His Writings, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá expounded upon the teachings of His Father’s Faith, amplified its doctrines, and outlined the central features of its administrative institutions.
Eulogies of some eighty early Bahá’ís transcribed from a series of talks given by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in Haifa around 1914–15. The Persian transcripts were later corrected by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá and compiled into a single volume, published in 1924. An English translation was published in 1971.
A compilation of talks given by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá during His first stay in Paris, from October to December 1911. Also included are three talks delivered during visits to England in 1912–13 and a Tablet revealed in 1913.
A collection of transcriptions of over one hundred talks delivered by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá during the nine months in 1912 when He travelled across the United States and Canada.
A treatise written by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in Persian in 1875, addressed to the rulers and people of Persia. It was printed in Bombay in 1882 and widely circulated in Iran. This English translation was first published in 1957.
A collection of English translations of more than two hundred letters, prayers, and other Writings by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, first published in 1978.
A collection of transcriptions of table talks given by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in ‘Akká between 1904 and 1906 in response to questions posed by Laura Dreyfus-Barney, an American Bahá’í resident in Paris, and first published in 1908. The new edition, extensively retranslated, was published in 2014.
A letter written by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in 1921 in reply to a letter from Professor Auguste Forel, a Swiss psychiatrist.
Fourteen letters addressed by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá to the North American Bahá’í community as a whole as well as by region—Canada and the Northeastern, Southern, Central, and Western United States. The first eight letters were written between 26 March and 22 April 1916, the remainder between 2 February and 8 March 1917.
A historical account written by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá around 1886 and first published anonymously in Persian in 1890. The English translation was prepared by Professor Edward G. Browne and first published by Cambridge University Press in 1891.
A document written in three parts between 1901 and 1908. It was read officially in the Holy Land on 3 January 1922.